The other day I was preparing my quiet time treat of coffee and caramel macchiato creamer when I became enveloped by a sad moment. My creamer was gone! I had used the last of it! Quiet time treat ruined!
Now I know that I could have just purchased some more on one of the trips to the grocery store. Even with the penny pinching that we are doing these days, getting a thing of creamer for myself would not have been some horrifying thing to do.
However, if I can make it from items I would already have in my house why bother buying it? Making it even allows me to tweak some of the ingredients and measurements to my taste buds’ likings. So I set out to do just that and oh ho ho it is gooooood!
OH SO SO GOOD! In fact for caramel macchiato lovers this creamer almost doesn’t need the coffee!
Here is how to make some for yourself!
Ingredients (This makes 4 cups of creamer)
2 cans evaporated milk
1 Starbucks via packet (I use the decaf Italian dark roast)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 heaping spoonfuls of this caramel (Caramel Sauce)
1 cup cream (I use cream to thicken and give the creamer a richer feel. This could always be just a cup of the milk you have on hand)
- Pour the evaporated milk and Via packet into a microwaveable container and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, whisk to mix and then add the vanilla and caramel and microwave again for 1 minute.
- Whisk the mixture to blend well and then add the cream and do one final whisk to combine all ingredients.
- Place mixture in airtight containers and refrigerate.
- Use whenever the taste buds call.
Note – This creamer can quickly become a warm or cold drink all on its own if an additional Via packet is added.
My quiet time treat has been saved and we have managed to save a few bucks on our grocery bill! Win Win!
Give this a try and tell me how you like it! If you have any tweaks, let me know what they are!